North Shore 104.9FM
These rules apply to all contests conducted by Westport Communications, unless otherwise set forth in specific
contest rules for a particular contest.
certain cases, particular contests may have their own specific additional or alternative rules (in whole or in part) which
will be set forth in a separate addition to these rules or in contest rules specific to a particular contest and will be available
at the Station Studio at 8 Enon Street, Beverly MA 01915 and on the contest page at www.NorthShore1049.com
Who Can (not) Enter
• To enter, contestants must be legal residents of the State(s) of Commonwealth of Massachusetts, New Hampshire,
Rhode Island, Maine, Connecticut, Vermont who are 18 years of age or older. Station reserves the right to examine identification
and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
former employees, interns or former interns, of Westport Communications, affiliated advertising agencies, participating sponsors,
or promotional partners and any other radio stations in North Shore 104.9 metro survey area (as defined by Arbitron) are not
eligible to participate in any contest presented by North Shore 104.9.
• Persons winning any prize from North Shore 104.9 with a value less than $600 must wait 30 days before
• Persons winning prize from North Shore 104.9 with a value equal to or greater than $600 must
wait 3 months before winning again.
• Contestants may enter as often as they wish but only one winner per family
or household per contest.
• Station is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload,
busy signals, loss of phone service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing
a phone call, receiving an email, accessing the Station website, or for any technical malfunction related to any telephone
connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry, participation or prize claim. Station
not responsible for any printing errors.
• North Shore 104.9 is not responsible for technical difficulties,
busy signal, misdirected entries or phone disconnections/problems and entries must be legible to be eligible.
Shore 104.9 is not responsible for email entries not received or prizes sent via emails that are not received.
on the contest, the Station will designate the required method of entry.
• North Shore 104.9 reserves the right
to deny entries which they feel were submitted incorrectly according to the contest guidelines.
• For entry
box contests, entries must be submitted on the official entry form provided at the entry box location. Unless otherwise noted.
Once official entry form supplies are no longer available the contest is closed for entries. Entries will only be accepted
before the contest deadline.
• For internet based entries via email or online submissions on website forms
multiple entries will be accepted but only one entry per person/household/email will be considered. Any automated system entry
methods are prohibited and the parties involved will be disqualified and entries will be null and void.
certain promotions call-in, entry box, internet qualifying entrants may be then automatically entered to win a Grand Prize.
Grand Prize winners will be chosen at random by North Shore 104.9 at the station at 8 Enon Street in Beverly, MA 01915. For
contests in which winners are qualified for a grand prize drawing, odds will depend on the total number of qualifiers.
• The station will only be required to make one attempt at contacting winner at the phone number provided. If
answering machine is received only one message will be left. If no answer is received by station, the winner has the
allotted number of days to pick up the prize. If the prize is not picked up the prize is forfeited. Station will not
be obligated to attempt to make further contact beyond the initial call. Contact information must be accurate. Station
is not responsible for any incorrect information provided or illegibility of entry and contact information if submitted by
• Any of the Station contests that require selected entrants to listen for their name to be announced
on-air as a potential winner, when announced, they are prompted to call within allotted time frame, only the actual person
who entered can win and must be the person who calls in. Persons having the same name will be disqualified if not the actual
• Call-ins will only be eligible to win if the specific telephone number announced on air is the
one called within the designated time.
• No prizes will be released to potential winner until station deems winner eligible and all qualifying paperwork
and release forms have been completed. No winner is entitled to any prize until North Shore 104.9 managements confirms
• All prizes awarded on-air must be picked up at the Station’s studios at 8 Enon Street
Beverly, MA 01915 during normal business hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Prizes will not be mailed, unless otherwise
determined by the Station.
• Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID to pick up prize.
Any person who refuses to sign release or provide valid identification, the station will forfeit any contest prizes. The only
person to claim a prize will be the contest winner; spouses, children, relatives, friends or other people associated with
winner will not be allowed to claim the prize.
• Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal
or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of
prizes is allowed.
• Prizes not claimed within thirty (30) business days of being awarded, or in the case
of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Station.
Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management.
• Winners are responsible for paying
all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth
in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from Station where the aggregate value of all
prizes is $600 or more.
• Specific restrictions regarding awarded prizes will be provided, if applicable,
to the winner. Unless restrictions delivered to a specific winner differ from the following, the following will apply generally
to prizes awarded in Station contests.
• Any prize involving air travel will include only round-trip, coach-class
air transportation from a commercial airport in the greater metropolitan area that the Station is located in. Any upgrades
in ticket class are the sole responsibly of the winner.
• Any prize involving overnight accommodations will
include only one room, double occupancy; room and tax only; neither incidental expenses nor ground transportation will be
• Any prize involving travel (overnight accommodations, flight, motor coach, and/or rail etc…)
may require that the winner and/or the winner’s guest(s) be over 18 or over 21.
• Any prize involving
travel (overnight accommodations, flight, motor coach, and/or rail etc…) is based on availability and subject to additional
restrictions including blackouts, peak period restrictions and expiration dates imposed by Station, sponsors and/or agents
participating in the contest. These restrictions are not subject to negotiation. In addition, such winners/guests are solely
responsible for obtaining any international travel documents, visas or passports required. Reservations are non-transferable
and once booked and confirmed may not be re-scheduled.
• With respect to travel and/or event tickets of any
kind, Station and sponsors are not responsible for replacing or reimbursing winners with any form of compensation for flights
or events that are canceled, rescheduled or delayed.
• Any prize that is awarded in the form of a gift certificate
may have an expiration date and use of such certificate may be based on availability and include black-out periods, restrictions
or excluded items (example: tax, tips, alcoholic beverage, or goods from a particular manufacturer). Gift certificates are
only redeemable at the locations for which they are specified.
• In all instances in which winner has the right
to select specific products, the choice or products offered may be limited by the Sponsor or certain specific products or
manufacturers may be excluded. Winner will receive more information on such restrictions and limitations after they have been
awarded the prize.
• Free Gas cards must be picked up within 30 days of winning during business hours (9am-5pm),
Monday through Friday. Gas cards can not be picked up on Saturday or Sunday or before 9AM and after 5PM. Any gas cards
not picked up 30 days of winning will be forfeited and gas cards will become property of the station. No substitute
prize will be given for forfeited prize and there is no cash value to the card.
• Gas cards can not be redeemed
for cash. Partial redemption will allow credit on the card only.
• By accepting the gas card and signing the
release form, winner is accepting that the cards value will be used exclusively for gasoline at petroleum stations.
value of the gas card will not be changed regardless of price of gas per gallon.
• Station Management shall
be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall
be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules
established by Station.
• By participating in a Station contest, entrants agree that Station and sponsors
have no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting
from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant’s participation in any such contest.
participating in a Station contest, entrants agree to allow the Station and its sponsors’ usage of any one or more
of the following for advertising and promotional purpose without payment or notice of any kind: contestant’s name; voice;
likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest; and the substance of the contestant’s telephone
• Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
• Station reserves the right to terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its
sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally
by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest.
• Station reserves the right to alter or amend
these Contest rules at any time.
• Station reserves the right to stop or conclude the Contest at any time
without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical.
For questions in regards to contest rules or the guidelines for a particular
contest please contact us at (978) 927-1049 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org .